Monday, April 25, 2011

Monsoon Season

I was told that monsoon season was November, December, and January and it always ended around Chinese New Year at the beginning of February and that February, March, and April are the hottest months. It has continued to pour most days during the three "hottest months".  People keep telling me how they have never seen this much rain ever. One morning when I woke up at 5:15 it was not raining and everything was dry. When I got on the bus at 7:40 the water was up to my knees when I went through the gate at the end of the driveway. Even though I had an umbrella I got completely soaked. When we were going around on the route there were some houses where the water was up to the front door. (My place I stay in is on a small hill so the water didn’t get that high, but not all places are set up.) I don’t know if those people got water in their houses or not.  There was another day when a couple of us went a mile down the road to get lunch. At school there was no rain, but that this food stall it was pouring rain and I didn’t have my umbrella, so I got soaked. Another day the battery on the bus door was dead, and I forgot my umbrella at school the day before so I got soaked while trying to figure out how to get the door open. It started pouring right before the bus showed up. I have learned that it is quite easy to get soaking wet when it rains and so I have had a few days where I have been at school in wet clothes. It takes them a long time to dry out too, with the humidity. I have thought about bringing a spare pair of clothes to change into, but I don’t want to haul one more thing with me and there is no place to store them. It no longer bothers me because it is just one of those things one gets used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment