Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Most schools had their spring break back in March. The international elementary school had their spring break last week. My school is having ours from Friday April 22- May 2nd. Some of us wanted to know if we got paid before this break since we have been paid before other holiday breaks and this is at the end of this month. We were told no. The government picks out one major holiday for Christians, Chinese, Buddhists,  Hindus that they get to celebrate and the Muslims have two. That way with all of the smaller holidays we don't have too much time off from work. For the Christians they have picked out Christmas as our major holiday. There were no Easter decorations or any signs that Easter was coming up. I didn't hear of any Holy week services or Easter cantas. Yesterday was just another Sunday for me. So, I slept in, took my usual walk to the grocery store and read. I haven't slept well the last few weeks because of lots of noisy neighbors. So, I then slept most of the rest of the day. I didn't have lunch and for dinner I wasn't hungry since I had been sleeping all day, so I had two slices of bread with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment