Saturday, November 13, 2010

Rainy Season

So rainy or monsoon season started the week before last. So far, I don't think it has been that bad. It will rain on and off during the day and night. Sometimes there will be a huge downpour and other times just a light rain. Luckily, I haven't had to go through the gate at the end of the driveway when it is raining and there is that huge puddle. I know when that time comes it will be a pain in the butt. I will probably have to roll up my pants and wear shower shoes and carry my socks and shoes so they don't get wet. I think that the way they did the grate for the water after the gate and put it on level ground rather than on the slope was not a smart idea. I will probably have to start waiting sometimes under the front balcony for rides rather than outside of the gate. It is cooler now and so people have started wearing jackets, but not me. It is not cold enough yet. It is more humid thought now.

I can tell I am not going to enjoy doing laundry during rainy season. It was hot earlier today when I started and so by mid-afternoon most of my clothes were close to dry. Tonight when I got ready to head back home all of the clothes were really wet and that is just from the humidity. I have to hang my clothes back in the closet with the door open and drape clothes around the room, so that they can dry. I have both the fan and air con running. It feels like a sauna in my room.  A couple weeks ago I had to take my clothes to a laundry place to get them cleaned. It turned out ok, but I don't know if I want to do it on a weekly basis. I am kind of nervous that something will happen to my clothes. People just drop their clothes off, and they are washed and dried and even ironed there. So, it is not like I am doing the laundry myself. I probably won't sleep well though tonight. So we shall see how long I hold out before I take my clothes and have them done for me. There are some clothes that I don't want dried and they said that they would put them in a bag wet, but I don't want them in a bag all day being wet.

I am sure things will get more interesting as we get farther along into monsoon season. Right now I don't really miss the snow and cold, but I am sure as I get closer to Christmas I will. I have only spent one Christmas with no snow and that was because I was on a cruise, and it didn't really feel like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment