Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine's Day

Well, here Valentine's Day was just another day. We didn't do anything at school, and they didn't play any love songs on the radio or have anything going on in town. I didn't get any surprise Valentine gifts from people back home. I didn't have a date, so I didn't get to do a romantic candlelit dinner and a moonlit walk on the beach. Oh well, maybe next year. The only way I knew it was Valentine's Day was from all the pictures posted on Facebook of couples and what they got from their sweetheart for Valentine's Day.

I should mention that for Chinese New Year the Chinese people will give small gifts of money to single people. So I got money from two Chinese people I know. I like that tradition and think I will keep it every year for as long as I am single. I like how they embrace single people and don't make them feel left out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment